It Started With Alice

Creation of hand made quilts

Monday, August 29, 2011

about time I added a post

I am really going to try and make time for adding to this blog weekly at least - will see how I go.

Am really enjoying reading lots of other crafty blogs including - one flew over, quarter of and inch, patchwork on central park and many others.
Have been attempting to finish this quilt I must have started a year ago - the hand quilting has taken me some time. The pattern and most of the fabric for this came from Amitie - www.amitie.com.au. Where I also took a class in the hand quilting with perle thread which was excellent and very useful.






Once this is complete I just have to finish my Alice quilt - idea for this came from Patchwork on Central Park with many liberty prints from my stash as well as the gorgeous Alice double voile - enlarged the Alice print to embroider and applique some of the blocks. and got the wicked Queen after going to see the movie. also learnt the trick of chopping up a big nine patch see photo's enjoyed making this enormously but have not yet put this all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment